Tuesday 27 November 2012

IntPiPoMo 2012: The Shattering

The goal of IntPiPoMo is to post 50 screenshots in 30 days. Learn more about it as introduced on Revive & Rejuvenate, with a list of the participants.

I don't think I had taken a Cataclysm portal since the night Mists came out. Even though Cataclysm got really, really tacky towards the end; even though I experienced a rather severe Cataclysm burnout (which resulted in me leveling two characters from 1-85 within a few weeks - talk about hyper mode); even though Dragon Soul had some of the worst raid mechanics ever seen, the aftermath is no different. It's just as strange that what used to be the present, is now in the past, and there is certain positively melancholic nostalgia to that.

There was a time when it felt like Cataclysm would never end. Did I wish it had ended? Yes. Certainly. But I always think of the past more benevolently than I do of the present. Time gilds memories, or how do you say it. Every cloud has a silver lining. Eh, maybe that has nothing to do with anything here. Well, here are some of the wonders that the Shattering got us to explore.

Mount Hyjal would have to be one of my favorite zones ever. You get to see some significant progression there, and I find the storyline quite touching each time I play through it.



Hans Zimmer - This Land




 




I was in Deepholm in my dream last night. It was a safe place with positive energy and cool, humid air, like in a limestone cave.




I thought Twilight Highlands was a very majestic and appropriate ending to Cataclysm questing.




Tentacles - a major element of Cataclysm.

36/50

No comments:

Post a Comment