Sunday 6 May 2012

I tend to forget to name posts. This one was no exception

To be completely honest, I have no idea how to write the first post in a blog. It's the most difficult one for me and I've always had issues with it. Good thing only one can be the first, and the sooner I come up with something, the sooner it'll be done.

If you haven't yet realised from the background image, this blog is about a MMORPG called World of Warcraft - particularly from a roleplayer's point of view. Not all of it though, because I do other stuff as well. I'm a guild leader and I raid weekly, with more than just one character these days, and sometimes it gets a little... well... Like those times I just can't make myself swallow anymore food.
I do like to raid though, that I admit.

I've been a guild master since July 2011. Back when I had two names on the formation scroll and I was scouting Dun Morogh for the last two, I had no idea what my WoW life was going to be like in a few months (almost a year now, goodness!). It's been exhausting, depressing and infuriating, but most of all: rewarding.
Occasionally I miss those times when WoW was "nothing personal", I just had fun with and without (but mainly with) the friend who got me into it in the first place. Everything was new and exciting. Sometimes I miss getting lost in the forest of Elwynn, and being afraid of Defias bandits, but the path I have walked from there to here I wouldn't change for Invincible's reins.

Enough about that for now! My goals for this blog include not posting anything empty, which to me means something without even the slightest meaning or story behind it. Whether I will tell it or not is a different matter, but at least for now it's enough that I know it. Generally it's a project to get me back into writing. I did want to write more in my mother tongue, but I think any writing what so ever will be helpful.
In future posts I intend to introduce some of my characters that I've learnt to know, talk about things happening in and out of character and such. Each one of my characters, those which have at least some depth to them (these days I wouldn't create a character without that inspiration), is a fragment of me. They are feelings, moods, dreams, hopes, fears and desires. 
I've also received a beta invitation to MoP, so I might post and talk about some beta stuff! And basically anything that's connected to WoW - that's all I can say about that.

A little bit about the graphical side of this blog. Take the background image for example. I think the RP related pics in this blog will all be that style. I feel it makes it seem more like telling a story rather than posting screenshots. Of course it wouldn't be very convenient when trying to introduce some new spell effect... So I'm not going to use it in such situations. Why I got so fond of that style, though, might be because it reminds me of one of my favorite series - Everwood.

I can't think of anything else to say now, so I think I've made it to the end of the first post. Wohoo! I sincerely hope you enjoy the blog, in case there's someone reading this (there must be at least one. He said he would read it!), and feel free to leave a comment or two if you feel like doing so.

Nixnix, /curtsey

P.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment